Knowledgebase Support HMRC Useful links
Knowledgebase home
Tax Return Production
Accounts Production
Client Hub
Practice Management
VAT Filer
Anti-Money Laundering
Support home
Hot Topics
SimpleStep Guides
Release Notes
Known Issues

HMRC Status
Useful Links
MTD for Agents MTD for Businesses What is MTD
Agent Services Account
MTD for Income Tax
Digital Record Keeping
Quarterly Updates
Step-by-step Guide
HMRC's MTD Timeline
TaxCalc's MTD Journey

Accountancy Practices and Tax Advisors
Practice Management
Client Hub
Companies House Integration

AML Centre

AML Identity Checking
GDPR Centre  
Tax Return Production
Vat Filer

Accounts Production

Company Incorporator
Companies House Forms
eSign Centre

Sub Categories
folder SA100 Individual Return
folder SA800 Partnership Return
folder SA900 Trust Return
folder CT600 Corporation Tax Return
folder R40
folder Filing Online

Tax Return Production
How do I update TaxCalc to the latest version?
Please see our video below on How to Update TaxCalc: For step by step instructions, please see the information below: New features are often implemented throughout the year, and these are installed in free updates throughout the life of your licence. When you first open the program, TaxCalc...
rating 24 Apr, 2019 Views: 3578
All you need to know about Student Loan repayments
Overview: The student loan repayment due for the year is calculated from your income in the tax year not the amount of debt remaining. The repayment amount will be 9% of all net adjusted income (above a threshold) until the debt is cleared. If you are employed, the repayment will have been...
rating 13 Aug, 2019 Views: 3530
HMRC Exclusions
Why am I getting a message about an Exclusion and I have to paper file my Return? Exclusions refer to scenarios on tax returns which HMRC are unable to process, with the correct calculation, electronically. For these cases, HMRC advise that paper returns be filed. If you need to send a paper...
rating 24 May, 2019 Views: 3530
Delayed response / Return keeps polling when filing to HMRC
If you receive a status from HMRC of Delayed Response when attempting to file online, this usually means that HMRC's processing systems are very busy. This won't affect the submission of the return itself but it does mean that the Submission Finished message won't be as prompt as usual. ...
rating 09 Jan, 2017 Views: 3506
How is FTCR (Foreign Tax Credit Relief) calculated?
Foreign Tax Credit Relief (FTCR) can be claimed if an individual has paid foreign tax on a source of income which is also chargeable to UK tax. You must be living (resident) in the UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands if you want to claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief. You can claim the lower of the...
rating 22 Sep, 2017 Views: 3465
Where do I report foreign earnings not taxable in the UK?
You don't usually have to declare foreign earnings that aren't taxable in the UK on the tax return. But if you do want to declare these earnings, follow the instructions below. SimpleStep mode Go to Residence and remittance Dual Residence. Complete the wizard for the relevant tax relief...
rating 05 Aug, 2019 Views: 3350
Do I need to attach accounts to my CT600?
In most cases you do need to attach accounts to your CT600. For exceptions, see below. You can attach accounts in two formats: iXBRL – for most companies PDF – usually for charities only. Attaching iXBRL accounts iXBRL accounts need to be in .html or .xhtml. If you've completed the...
rating 19 Nov, 2015 Views: 3232
Error message: Tax relief is not available for pension contributions in excess of £3,600 or net relevant UK earnings
If you receive these error messages when entering pension contributions on the return, it means you must make an adjustment to the amount you've declared. These warning messages won't prevent you from making an online submission but if you don't make an adjustment HMRC will restrict the...
rating 22 Mar, 2016 Views: 3191
10% deduction on foreign pension income
From 06/04/2017 the ruling for 10% foreign pension deduction changed and therefore, you need to ascertain whether you are eligible for the 10% deduction or not. More information on this can be found on the HMRC web page here. By default, the returns from 2019 will not apply the 10% deduction...
rating 09 Apr, 2019 Views: 3169
Where do I enter my tax code?
You don't enter your tax code into TaxCalc. Your PAYE tax code is provided by HMRC to your employer or pension provider, in order to work out how much tax to take off your pay each month. This should mean that the correct amount of tax is collected from your pay throughout the tax year. Your...
rating 16 May, 2019 Views: 3166

Prev Next
... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...