Knowledgebase Support HMRC Useful links
Knowledgebase home
Tax Return Production
Accounts Production
Practice Management
VAT Filer
Anti-Money Laundering
Support home
Video Training Guides

Hot Topics
SimpleStep Guides
Release Notes
Known Issues

Service Status
Useful Links
What is MTD? Support for Accountants Support for Business
HMRC's MTD Timeline
Digital Requirements
TaxCalc's MTD Journey
MTD for Income Tax
MTD for Corporation Tax
MTD for Income Tax
MTD for Corporation Tax
Step-by-step Guide
Sub Categories
folder SA100 Individual Return
folder SA800 Partnership Return
folder SA900 Trust Return
folder CT600 Corporation Tax Return
folder R40
folder Filing Online

Tax Return Production
Where do I enter Child Benefit?
You can enter Child Benefit payments in SimpleStep or HMRC Forms mode. SimpleStep mode Click on Working out your tax. Click on Child Benefit Tax charge. Your net income will automatically appear from information already entered on the form. Click yes, no or both equal to the...
rating 06 Jun, 2023 Views: 7445
Getting started user guide (Practice Customers)
This guide gives you an overall picture on how to create new clients, set up the application and get started with Tax Return Production and Accounts . Please see the video below for information on getting started. Alternatively this has also been detailed below in writing. PLEASE NOTE: This...
rating 29 Mar, 2022 Views: 7395
Where do I enter dividends paid to shareholders on a CT600?
Dividends paid to shareholders aren't included on a CT600. Instead you'd enter them on the shareholders' individual returns, if you're preparing these. A Corporation Tax return consists of three documents: the CT600 a set of statutory financial statements, which discloses the dividends a...
rating 28 Oct, 2015 Views: 7330
How do I carry back self employment losses?
To carry back a self-employment loss for the current year to a previous year, you need to make a manual adjustment to your tax return for the year in which the loss occurred. You don't need to resubmit your return for the previous year. To calculate the manual tax adjustment figure, follow these...
rating 12 Oct, 2023 Views: 7094
Where do I declare Class 4 NIC exemption?
Class 4 NIC exemption is automatically applied where it is relevant to the taxpayer reaching state pension age before the start of the tax year. If you need to claim this manually for any other reason, you should tick the box Are you exempt from paying Class 4 National Insurance… in one of the...
rating 24 Mar, 2020 Views: 6935
How do I declare to HMRC that a company has ceased trading?
When a company ceases trading, HMRC generally considers it to be dormant for corporation tax purposes. You will need to inform HMRC that the company is not trading which can be done online or by phone or post. Once HMRC is informed, the company will not need to file a company tax return (CT600)...
rating 14 Feb, 2023 Views: 6436
Where do I enter my tax code?
The Tax code is NOT entered into a return. Your PAYE tax code is provided by HMRC to your employer or pension provider, in order to work out how much tax to take off your pay each month. This should mean that the correct amount of tax is collected from your pay throughout the tax year and...
rating 29 Mar, 2023 Views: 6270
Why does the IRmark on a tax return change?
What is the IR Mark? The IR Mark is a software generated reference and assists in the creation of the File By Internet Receipt returned by HMRC. It is a mechanism which could potentially be used during investigations, to aid taxpayers and HMRC in ensuring that the submission sent and received...
rating 09 Feb, 2021 Views: 6003
How do I import data from SA800 to SA104 Partnership pages (Individual User)?
If you're completing a partnership return, you can import the data into the SA104 pages in the individual return by following these steps: Open up the individual return. Go to the Partnerships page: SimpleStep Mode: Your Work >...
rating 25 Jul, 2023 Views: 5889
CT600: How do I enter a balancing charge/allowance on disposal of a capital allowance asset.
The balancing charge is worked out automatically based on your entries. Please refer to the below on how to dispose of an asset. Please note the below behaviour is available from version 12.0.007 and you should update your copy of TaxCalc as required. If you have disposed of an Single Asset...
rating 14 Feb, 2023 Views: 5852
Error 3318: The period to which the Return's Accounts applies does not coincide with the effective from/to dates of the referenced Accounts Taxonomy.
When submitting a CT600 to HMRC you may encounter the following submission error message: This occurs when the iXBRL tagging applied to the accounts does not meet the expected standard. If you are using TaxCalc, please ensure you are running the latest version of the application. For more...
rating 09 Mar, 2023 Views: 5846
Class 2 National Insurance -why do amounts submitted differ to HMRC calculations?
Why have HMRC repaid or revised Class 2 NICs calculations which were submitted on my tax return? It has come to light that there have been instances where the Class 2 NICs amount has been unexpectedly repaid or HMRC have issued a revised assessment showing no Class 2 NIC's due. This occurs when...
rating 29 Mar, 2023 Views: 5776
How do I contact TaxCalc from outside the UK?
There are two ways to contact TaxCalc from outside the UK: Over the phone Sales +44 1189 364 807 Support +44 1189 364 805 Email us and we will endeavour to assist via email or remote support tools. Our opening hours...
rating 10 Aug, 2023 Views: 5674
Delayed response / Return keeps polling when filing to HMRC
If you receive a status from HMRC of Delayed Response when attempting to file online, this usually means that HMRC's processing systems are very busy. This won't affect the submission of the return itself but it does mean that the Submission Finished message won't be as prompt as usual. When...
rating 26 Sep, 2023 Views: 5568
1046 - I am trying to file an individual tax return (SA100) for myself or friends and family
The best course of action is to attempt the below to verify your account setup and the UTR required for the submission. Step 1: Have you rebooted your machine? In some instances, especially if you are abroad, your machine may require a reboot to update the necessary connection so you can file...
rating 14 Jul, 2022 Views: 5275

Prev Next
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10