Knowledgebase Support HMRC Useful links
Knowledgebase home
Tax Return Production
Accounts Production
Client Hub
Practice Management
VAT Filer
Anti-Money Laundering
Support home
Hot Topics
SimpleStep Guides
Release Notes
Known Issues

HMRC Status
Useful Links
MTD for Agents MTD for Businesses What is MTD
Agent Services Account
MTD for Income Tax
Digital Record Keeping
Quarterly Updates
Step-by-step Guide
HMRC's MTD Timeline
TaxCalc's MTD Journey

Accountancy Practices and Tax Advisors
Practice Management
Client Hub
Companies House Integration

AML Centre

AML Identity Checking
GDPR Centre  
Tax Return Production
Vat Filer

Accounts Production

Company Incorporator
Companies House Forms
eSign Centre

Sub Categories
folder SA100 Individual Return
folder SA800 Partnership Return
folder SA900 Trust Return
folder CT600 Corporation Tax Return
folder R40
folder Filing Online

Tax Return Production
"Can't open this file. There's a problem with the file format" when trying to print preview in TaxCalc using Windows 8/8.1
You might get the following error message instead of a pdf preview window when printing from TaxCalc using Windows 8 or 8.1: Can't Open this file. There's a problem with the file format This could be caused by one of two issues: Adobe Reader isn't installed. Adobe Reader isn't the latest...
rating 28 Oct, 2015 Views: 14753
How much tax will I pay on my state pension lump sum?
Your state pension lump sum is taxed at the highest rate charged on other income received in the year. For example, if the highest rate of tax you pay is 20%, you'll pay 20% tax on the lump sum. You won't pay tax on a lump sum if your taxable income (excluding the lump sum) is less than your...
rating 25 Feb, 2015 Views: 14389
How do I complete a return for a foster carer?
Use HMRC Forms mode to complete a tax return for a foster carer. Refer to the HMRC helpsheet on foster carers to guide you through the tax return as it gives useful scenarios and advice on calculating tax liability. Instructions on completing the self employment pages are on page 2 of this...
rating 20 Aug, 2019 Views: 12977
How do I send my tax return to TaxCalc?
In some cases when you have a query, the TaxCalc support team may need to look at the entries on your return. You can send the return by following these steps: Open the tax return. Click on Help in the top menu. Click on Send Return to TaxCalc. Complete your details for Your name, Your...
rating 19 Sep, 2018 Views: 12853
Who is considered a connected persons in Capital Gains?
In Capital Gains, a connected person is: your husband or wife or civil partner (but see the notes on page CGN 5 of HMRC's Capital Gains Summary Notes on transfers of assets between husbands and wives and civil partners) your brothers and sisters, and your spouse’s or civil partner’s...
rating 18 Mar, 2016 Views: 12112
How do I make a claim for Enterprise Investment Scheme disposal relief?
You can make a claim for Enterprise Investment Scheme disposal relief in SimpleStep mode: Go to the Capital Gains section. Go to the Asset Details screen and enter the details. Tick the box Tick box if you are claiming Entrepreneur's Relief or any other reliefs or elections for this asset...
rating 21 Aug, 2019 Views: 11829
What's the difference between personal allowance and Class 4 NIC rates?
Your Class 4 National Insurance contributions (NIC) for any tax year are based on your profits for that year. For 2018-19 you pay: 9% on annual profits between £8,424 and £46,350 2% on any profit over £46.350 You pay additional contributions on the difference between your personal...
rating 05 Aug, 2019 Views: 11599
How do I enter R&D expenditure on my CT600?
When you make a claim for research and development, you need to enter figures for information and computation adjustment. You can do this in SimpleStep or HMRC Forms mode, as follows. You may also need to make a claim to surrender any losses. CT600 2015 form SimpleStep mode Go to CT600...
rating 21 Mar, 2019 Views: 10763
When will TaxCalc 2019 be available?
TaxCalc 2019 will be available in late March. We'll let you know when you can update your software and this will depend on which type of customer you are. In all cases, you won't be able to file your return until after 6 April 2019. This will cover the year for 6 April 2018 to 5 April 2019. ...
rating 28 Feb, 2019 Views: 9995
How do I recover my HMRC password?
You can't recover your HMRC password via TaxCalc because we encrypt it for security reasons. Instead, you'll need to contact HMRC directly for a new password. Phone Call HMRC on 0300 200 3600 to receive a new password by registered post. Online You can complete the password reset online....
rating 30 Jan, 2015 Views: 9962

Prev Next
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10