Knowledgebase Support HMRC Useful links
Knowledgebase home
Tax Return Production
Accounts Production
Practice Management
VAT Filer
Anti-Money Laundering
Support home
Video Training Guides

Hot Topics
SimpleStep Guides
Release Notes
Known Issues

Service Status
Useful Links
What is MTD? Support for Accountants Support for Business
HMRC's MTD Timeline
Digital Requirements
TaxCalc's MTD Journey
MTD for Income Tax
MTD for Corporation Tax
MTD for Income Tax
MTD for Corporation Tax
Step-by-step Guide
Sub Categories
folder SA100 Individual Return
folder SA800 Partnership Return
folder SA900 Trust Return
folder CT600 Corporation Tax Return
folder R40
folder Filing Online

Tax Return Production
Why can't I print PDF attachments?
TaxCalc can only print PDFs created using versions 1.4 to 1.7. To check the version of your PDF, complete the following steps: Open the PDF document. Click on File in the left-hand corner. Click on Properties. Check the version number in the pop-up window. If you can't print the PDF,...
rating 17 Feb, 2021 Views: 2297
CT600 how to claim terminal loss relief
What is Terminal Loss Relief Where a company has stopped trading and it has made a loss in its final 12 months of its trade the relief is extended as the company can carry back any trading losses that occur in the final 12 months of a trade and set them off against profits made in any or all of...
rating 20 Apr, 2023 Views: 2258
Capital Gains Tax refunds - how to receive a timely refund
Why does TaxCalc not provide information on Capital Gains Tax (CGT) paid? The reporting process for real time Capital Gains is something that software developers have not been given access to by HMRC so we cannot provide a link to this information via the Tax Return Production process in TaxCalc....
rating 08 Sep, 2022 Views: 2245
What's the difference between renewing, upgrading and updating my TaxCalc software?
At TaxCalc we use the same terminology that's used across most software markets. Some of these expressions can seem similar so to avoid confusion, this page gives an explanation of each. Renewal If you're a user of our Accountancy Practice software, you'll be invited to renew your package 30...
rating 08 Nov, 2022 Views: 2149
Why am I not receiving tax relief for my pension contributions?
You'll only see tax relief for your pension contributions if you pay tax at the higher rate. You make pension contributions net of basic tax. If you are a basic rate taxpayer, you receive tax relief in the form of HMRC topping up your payment by 20%. You get the tax relief automatically if...
rating 20 Aug, 2019 Views: 2104
Can I submit the SA200 short tax return in TaxCalc?
You can't submit the SA200 short tax return in TaxCalc but you can use the longer SA100 tax return. You can file an SA100 either: on paper by 31 October or online by 31 January. TaxCalc will calculate any liability or repayment due, saving you time and ensuring you are aware of any...
rating 02 Mar, 2018 Views: 2065
Where do I enter Coronavirus other support grants on a SA100 and SA800
To declare CJRS (Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme) claimed through HMRC, and other grants provided by local government to support businesses through the Coronavirus pandemic please refer to the below instructions on where to declare this. Please note, SEISS grants reference has been removed from...
rating 11 May, 2023 Views: 2009
Why hasn't my return been updated on the HMRC website?
It usually takes 48 hours for HMRC to update its website after you file a return using TaxCalc. If you log into the HMRC website after this time, it will say that the return has been filed. If it hasn't been updated after 48 hours, call HMRC helpdesk on 0300 200 3600 and give them your IR Mark,...
rating 14 Jan, 2021 Views: 1954
How do I submit a tax return online?
Once you've completed your tax return, you can submit it online using TaxCalc. To do this, please see our video tutorial below: Alternatively, please see the written steps below: Click on Check and Finish. If there are no errors, click on File Online. Make sure the Test File box is...
rating 05 Nov, 2020 Views: 1891
Super Deduction calculations when the period end straddles 1 April 2023
Claiming the super-deduction in a period that straddles 1 April 2023 The rate of the super-deduction will require apportioning if a CT period in which the qualifying expenditure occurs, straddles 1 April 2023. The rate should be apportioned based on days falling prior to 1 April 2023 over the...
rating 13 Sep, 2023 Views: 1855
How do I remove duplicate returns linking to same file (Individual, Partnership and Limited Company users)?
Sometimes more than one tax return can link to the same file if the file location appears to be different but is effectively the same – for example, one file name has capitals and the other doesn’t. If this happens, although it looks like there are two returns, they both link to the same file....
rating 15 May, 2015 Views: 1791
How to reflect Goodwill relief on the Corporation Tax Return?
HMRC have recently amended the rules (01/04/2019) on instances where profit can be reduced by claiming corporation tax relief on goodwill and relevant assets. We would recommend reading the HMRC guidance further on this particular topic to ensure you understand this fully before any entries are...
rating 28 Mar, 2022 Views: 1743
How to claim EIS/SEIS/VCT Relief
When claiming relief under EIS, SEIS and VCTs, there are two types of relief available: Income tax relief Capital gains tax relief Depending on which you intend to claim, will depend on where the entries are required for disclosure on the return. If you intend to claim income tax relief,...
rating 29 Mar, 2023 Views: 1719
How to register for online filing to HMRC as a Non Resident.
If you are a non-resident, you will be unable to register for online filing in the normal way as HMRC require you to have a National Insurance number (NINO) or a Unique Tax Reference (UTR) already. If you do not have either of these, you will need to contact HRMC. Our customers previously have...
rating 29 Mar, 2022 Views: 1710
How are Payments on Account calculated
Payments on account are tax payments made twice a year by self-employed individuals to spread the cost of the year's tax. They are calculated based on your previous year's tax bill, and are due in two instalments. The payment on account is a way of paying off some of your tax bill in advance....
rating 29 Mar, 2023 Views: 1710

Prev Next