Sub Categories
folder SA100 Individual Return
folder SA800 Partnership Return
folder SA900 Trust Return
folder CT600 Corporation Tax Return
folder R40
folder Filing Online

Tax Return Production
How is the reduction of my personal allowance calculated?
The general rule when working out a reduction in personal allowance is that if your income is greater than £100,000, your allowance will be reduced by £1 for every £2 over £100,000. For example, if your income is £110,000, your personal allowance will be reduced by £5,000. The £100,000...
rating 02 Mar, 2018 Views: 28675
Tax Rates and Allowances
Please select from below: Income Tax National Insurance Contributions Working and Child Tax Credits Child Benefit and Guardian's Allowance Tax Free Savings Account Fuel Benefit Charge Van Benefit Charge VAT Capital Allowances Corporation Tax Authorised Mileage Rates Pension Contributions...
rating 21 Mar, 2024 Views: 24558
How do I enter R&D enhanced expenditure (for SMEs) on my CT600?
When you make a claim for research and development (R&D) enhanced expenditure for small and medium sized enterprises (SME's), you need to enter figures to adjust the computation to receive relief for the additional 130% (86% from 1 April 2023) of qualifying costs. If there is a loss, you...
rating 26 Mar, 2024 Views: 24434
How do I pay HMRC?
You can pay HMRC by several methods which are listed below with links to the relevant page on HMRC's website: Same or next day: Online or telephone banking CHAPS (Clearing House Automated Payment System) Debit or Credit Card online (You won't be able to pay with a personal credit card...
rating 28 Mar, 2022 Views: 21458
How do I offset Capital (CGT) losses?
Any unused Capital Gains Tax losses from previous years that are carried forward have to be used against the first available capital gains. This means that you can reduce your capital gains to the yearly allowance amount (£6,000 in 2023-24) and carry forward the remaining losses. TaxCalc does...
rating 21 Mar, 2024 Views: 20894
Which UK ties do I need to enter for non-residence?
If you're claiming non-residence tax you need to enter your UK ties in box 12: SimpleStep mode – go to Residence and remittance > residence and remittance continued and enter the amount in the box labelled How many ties to the UK did you have in 2021-22? HMRC Forms mode – go to...
rating 23 Mar, 2022 Views: 20739
Who is considered a connected persons in Capital Gains?
In Capital Gains, a connected person is: your husband or wife or civil partner (but see the notes on page CGN 2 of HMRC's Capital Gains Summary Notes on transfers of assets between husbands and wives and civil partners) your brothers and sisters, and your spouse’s or civil partner’s...
rating 24 Mar, 2022 Views: 20171
Claiming Marriage Allowance
Making a Claim What to do if you cannot claim When trying to check my status or eligibility, a response of invalid or taxpayer not found is given Claiming as a non-resident Making a Claim For 2023/24 the Marriage Allowance lets you transfer £1,260 of your personal allowance to your...
rating 21 Mar, 2024 Views: 18715
When will TaxCalc 2024 be available?
TaxCalc 2024 will be available in late March 2024. We will let you know when you can update your software and this will depend on which type of customer you are. In all cases, you will not be able to file your return until after 6 April 2024, for the tax year from 6 April 2023 to 5 April 2024. ...
rating 22 Nov, 2023 Views: 17793
How much tax will I pay on my state pension lump sum?
Please note: that State Pension Lump sums are only available to persons that reached state retirement age before 6/4/16 Your state pension lump sum is taxed at the highest rate charged on income received in the year. This highest rate is the one that applies after the set-off of all reliefs and...
rating 23 Mar, 2021 Views: 17513
How do I increase/decrease my payments on account towards the following tax year?
You can't increase payments on account towards the following tax year – you can only reduce them. You can choose to pay more on account, but HMRC will only ask for the payment on account calculated in your statement. To reduce payments on account, please follow the below instructions: HMRC...
rating 21 Mar, 2024 Views: 17064
What's the deadline for my self-assessment tax return?
For the tax year ending 5 April 2024, the deadlines for self-assessment tax returns are: 31 October 2024 is the paper filing deadline. Please see our Knowledge Base article on: Can I file a paper return using TaxCalc? for further information on this. 30 December 2024 is the deadline to file...
rating 21 Mar, 2024 Views: 16997
Where do I enter chargeable event or life insurance gains?
You can enter chargeable event and life insurance gains in SimpleStep or HMRC Forms mode. SimpleStep mode Select Other Income from the left-hand menu. Go to Savings and Investments. Tick the box Taxable sums from a UK life insurance policy (chargeable events) Click on Next step. this will...
rating 09 Jun, 2021 Views: 16655
How do I recover my HMRC password?
Whilst TaxCalc has the ability to import filing details from the previous tax year (if the import option has been used), you cannot recover the HMRC password via TaxCalc as the password is encrypted for security purposes. If you do not recall what this password is, you will have to reset this....
rating 20 Apr, 2023 Views: 16068
"Can't open this file. There's a problem with the file format" when trying to print preview in TaxCalc using Windows 8/8.1
You might get the following error message instead of a pdf preview window when printing from TaxCalc using Windows 8 or 8.1: Can't Open this file. There's a problem with the file format This could be caused by one of two issues: Adobe Reader isn't installed. Adobe Reader isn't the latest...
rating 28 Oct, 2015 Views: 15927

Prev Next
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10