Knowledgebase Support HMRC Useful links
Knowledgebase home
Tax Return Production
Accounts Production
Practice Management
VAT Filer
Anti-Money Laundering
Support home
Video Training Guides

Hot Topics
SimpleStep Guides
Release Notes
Known Issues

Service Status
Useful Links
What is MTD? Support for Accountants Support for Business
HMRC's MTD Timeline
Digital Requirements
TaxCalc's MTD Journey
MTD for Income Tax
MTD for Corporation Tax
MTD for Income Tax
MTD for Corporation Tax
Step-by-step Guide
Sub Categories
folder SA100 Individual Return
folder SA800 Partnership Return
folder SA900 Trust Return
folder CT600 Corporation Tax Return
folder R40
folder Filing Online

Tax Return Production
ERROR 1608: Unable to lookup taxpayer details
Error message 1608 'Unable to lookup taxpayer details' comes from HMRC. 1608 indicates that HMRC are unable to process their checks required to pass the entered UTR. This could mean that the UTR: has been incorrectly entered on the return OR has been disabled on the Gateway after dissolving...
rating 21 Jul, 2022 Views: 5157
#7752 – The CRN on the submission does not match the CRN for this Unique Taxpayer Reference
HMRC has introduced a validation upon submission to try and reduce the number of submissions where the Company Registration Number (CRN) used in the CT600 and the attached accounts doesn't belong to the submitting company. Submissions that fail the validation will generate the following error...
rating 16 Mar, 2016 Views: 5135
How do I complete the CT600 for a long period of accounts? (Business users)
If your accounts cover a period of more than 12 months, you'll need to complete the CT600 for two periods, as follows: Prepare the accounts for the full period and generate an XBRL version or PDF-with explanation (if required). Apportion the profit/loss into a 12-month period and the remaining...
rating 29 Mar, 2023 Views: 5087
How do I remove duplicate property pages?
Duplicate property pages may be created if you've imported a return from last year and: you used the joint import to import income from another individual tax return which contains income from the same property. ​you have manually entered details with the same property name. You can...
rating 19 Nov, 2015 Views: 5075
When can I use the Dividend Database or What If? Planner?
The What If planner and Dividend Database are add on modules to your existing tax packages. Each year, the software is updated in June to contain the updated details required. Between April and June, TaxCalc are in communication with HMRC and are finalising the information that we have before...
rating 29 Mar, 2023 Views: 5059
How do I offset losses against profits (and also reduce Class 4 NIC)?
Profit chargeable to Class 4 NIC You can offset losses against a profit to reduce Class 4 payments. To do this enter the loss amount into the profit schedule in the following places: SimpleStep: Self Employment (Full Form) > Tax and National Insurance > Adjustments to profits chargeable...
rating 14 Feb, 2023 Views: 5020
How do I enter a Research and Development Expenditure Credit (RDEC) on my CT600?
The research and development expenditure credit (RDEC) replaced the large company scheme in April 2016 to continue to encourage investment in R&D. A large company can claim a taxable credit on qualifying R&D expenditure, up to 2 years after the end of the accounting period it relates to. In...
rating 03 Apr, 2023 Views: 4963
How do I recover CIS tax deducted on a CT600?
Unfortunately, there is no facility to recover CIS tax through the CT600. CIS tax is an employment tax that's deducted from a limited company's gross income and therefore forms part of the PAYE system. Unfortunately, HMRCs systems do not synchronise information and therefore the required entries...
rating 15 Sep, 2017 Views: 4952
Where do I report foreign earnings not taxable in the UK?
You don't usually have to declare foreign earnings that aren't taxable in the UK on the tax return, however if you do want to declare these earnings please follow the instructions below. SimpleStep mode Go to Residence and remittance > Dual Residence. Complete the wizard for the relevant...
rating 28 Mar, 2022 Views: 4951
How do I print a copy of my return?
You can easily print your tax return to a printer or PDF. Please see the below video tutorial for more information. Alternatively, please see the written instructions below: Open the tax return. Click on Check and Finish. Click on Print. Click on Next Step in the HMRC warning message (if...
rating 08 Nov, 2022 Views: 4845
How do I import a return from the previous year's tax return? (Individual Users)
Depending on whether you are looking to import a single tax return file or multiple tax return files, the instructions will vary. Below are 2 videos, the first for importing multiple tax returns and the second for single file. Video 1 - Multiple tax return files Video 2 - Single tax return...
rating 24 Mar, 2021 Views: 4773
Using the Dividend Database
This article shows you how to add dividend payments to your tax return If you have imported your previous year’s return into the current year, click on Refresh to update all the payments made in the current tax year. If you have no changes to your holdings they should now all be up to date. ...
rating 20 Feb, 2020 Views: 4686
10% deduction on foreign pension income
From 06/04/2017 the ruling for 10% foreign pension deduction changed and therefore, you need to ascertain whether you are eligible for the 10% deduction or not. More information on this can be found on the HMRC web page here. By default, the returns from 2019 will not apply the 10% deduction...
rating 09 Apr, 2019 Views: 4620
How to use the Pension Input Wizard 2022/23
When should I use the annual pension allowance wizard? If your total pension contributions are close to exceeding your annual pension allowance and/or your pension allowance is likely to be tapered, you can use the wizard to: Calculate excess contributions and possible pension tax charge Keep...
rating 26 Jul, 2023 Views: 4593
As a non-resident, how do I claim personal allowances where available?
You may be able to claim personal allowances as a non-resident. If you are allowed to do this, you can input the details using SimpleStep or HMRC Forms as instructed below. SimpleStep mode Browse to Residence and Remittance Tick the box for Personal allowances under a Double Taxation...
rating 20 Feb, 2020 Views: 4561

Prev Next
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10