You can't merge clients in TaxCalc but there is a way to export and import tax return files from one client to another.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Admin Centre > Database > Backup Database to create a backup.
- In Tax return production open the client with the tax return (the first client).
- Click on the relevant tax year.
- Go to Exporting > Export from Database and browse to a location to save the file – a link icon will appear to the left of the tax year/period.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each tax year.
- Open the client with the accounting periods (the second client).
- Go to Import Return > Import to Database and browse for the returns you just saved to add them to the list.
- When they are correct, you should archive the client that you exported the tax returns from.
Mail merge and report construction can be exported.
NOTE: You can't use this method to export and import the below details.