On occasion the Postgres service that TaxCalc requires may not start in a timely manner, resulting in a connection error when attempting to start the TaxCalc program.
To resolve please follow these steps on the TaxCalc server machine.
- Click on your Windows logo
- Type Services and open the Services Desktop app.
- Navigate through the list to Postgres 9.4 - PostgreSQL Server 9.4 and double click to open.
- Drop down the Startup Type and select;
- Automatic - If this issue does not happen often.
- Automatic (Delayed Start) - If this issue normally happens after a reboot of the machine.
- Select Start.
- Select Apply then OK to close the dialog window.
- Restart TaxCalc which should now be able to connect to the database.
If you continue to encounter a connection issue please contact TaxCalc support with details of the error message given.