Knowledgebase Support HMRC Useful links
Knowledgebase home
Tax Return Production
Accounts Production
Practice Management
VAT Filer
Anti-Money Laundering
Support home
Video Training Guides

Hot Topics
SimpleStep Guides
Release Notes
Known Issues

HMRC Status
Useful Links
MTD for Agents MTD for Businesses What is MTD
Agent Services Account
MTD for Income Tax
Digital Record Keeping
Quarterly Updates
Step-by-step Guide
HMRC's MTD Timeline
TaxCalc's MTD Journey

How long do I have to file an amended CT600 return?

Article ID: 830
Last updated: 19 Nov, 2015

HMRC places restrictions on when you can file an amended CT600 return online:

  • You can only file an amended return within 12 months of the filing date.
  • In the case of a return for the wrong period, you can only file within 12 months of what would be the filing date if the period for which you made the return was an accounting period.
  • If the original return was late, the time limit can't be extended.
  • If the original return was more than 12 months late, it can't be amended.

If you believe you've made the amendment within 12 months of the company's filing date, call the Online Services help desk on 0300 200 3600.

Article ID: 830
Last updated: 19 Nov, 2015
Revision: 4
Views: 6999
This article was:  

Also listed in
folder Tax Return Production -> Filing Online
folder Tax Return Production -> CT600 Corporation Tax Return