The TaxCalc import process currently only permits data to be imported from the previous tax year. For example. TaxCalc 2023 will only be able to import a 2022 tax return file. If in this example, you didn't need to purchase TaxCalc 2022 but you do have a prior year file such as TaxCalc 2021, the support team will be able to assist in rolling forward your data. You simply need to send in a copy of the most recent tax return file you have and request that the tax return file for the tax year be imported.
If however, you do have a valid licence for each tax year in between but have misplaced the prior year file, the quickest solution would be to re-complete the import routine as instructed below:
- Open the version of TaxCalc for the year following the return that you have.
- Import the return in the usual way.
- Save the return with a file name referring to the new year.
- Repeat the process for the next consecutive year, importing the return you have just saved.
- Repeat until you reach the current year.
Please note, you will need to re-download the TaxCalc software if this is no longer on your machine. If you need further information on how to do this, please see our article for Can I re-download TaxCalc onto my computer?