Knowledgebase Support HMRC Useful links
Knowledgebase home
Tax Return Production
Accounts Production
Practice Management
VAT Filer
Anti-Money Laundering
Support home
Video Training Guides

Hot Topics
SimpleStep Guides
Release Notes
Known Issues

HMRC Status
Useful Links
MTD for Agents MTD for Businesses What is MTD
Agent Services Account
MTD for Income Tax
Digital Record Keeping
Quarterly Updates
Step-by-step Guide
HMRC's MTD Timeline
TaxCalc's MTD Journey
SA100 Individual Return
Where do I enter an averaging adjustment?
To enter an averaging adjustment you need to go into the Full Self Employment pages. SimpleStep mode Go to Your Work > Self Employment > Annualised turnover. Tick the bottom box for Are any of the above true (or do you wish to complete the Full form for any other reason)? Click Next...
rating 22 Mar, 2016 Views: 875
Why don’t I have to make payments on account?
You don't need to make payments on account (POA) towards the next tax year if: The total tax due (less Class 2 NIC payment) for this year is under £1,000 Or More than 80% of the tax due is met by income tax deducted at source. Illustrated Example for point 1: POA are not due when the...
rating 02 Mar, 2018 Views: 868
Where do I find the Capital Gains Tax summaries?
If you've completed the Capital Gains Tax pages in SimpleStep mode, the appropriate disposal, intermediate and final calculations will be in a pdf that's automatically attached to the return. You can view and print all your disposals and the intermediate and final summaries by following these...
rating 02 Mar, 2018 Views: 849
How do I carry back partnership losses?
To carry back a partnership loss for the current year to a previous year, you need to make a manual adjustment to your SA100 tax return for the year in which the loss occurred. You don't need to re-submit your return for the previous year and this cannot be done via the SA800 tax return. To...
rating 20 Feb, 2020 Views: 841
How do I import joint income between two tax returns (Practice User)?
You can import income from one return to another by following these steps: Open up an SA100 tax return. Select Joint income importing from the left-hand menu. Select Import joint data. Browse and search for the client you want to import the data from. Click on Select. Select the tax return...
rating 11 Aug, 2015 Views: 837
How do I claim investments or shares in a Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme?
You can claim income tax relief on investments in a Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme in SimpleStep or HMRC Forms mode. SimpleStep mode Go to Tax reliefs and allowances > Relief on investments. Enter the amount in the box labelled Subscriptions for shares under the Seed Enterprise...
rating 24 Aug, 2020 Views: 814
Claiming relief on P2P loans
To claim relief on peer-to-peer (P2P) loans for the current tax year (2019/20), you will need to make a manual reduction before entering figures onto the return. Please see the guidance published by HMRC (Income tax relief for irrecoverable peer to peer loans guidance) for more information....
rating 24 Mar, 2020 Views: 780
How do I apply the Scottish tax rate to my return and what impact does this have?
When using TaxCalc, the tax return should automatically have the tax rate applied based on the postcode of the address on the return. Therefore the return will automatically apply the Scottish rate if there is a Scottish postcode. If this doesn't happen, please ensure that you are running the...
rating 24 Mar, 2020 Views: 753
How to use the pension contribution details wizard for 2019-20?
Use this wizard to calculate the excess contributions (contributions that exceed the brought forward and current year allowance) as well as to keep a track of your previous years contributions and brought forward allowances. Note: This wizard can be used for defined contribution schemes, which...
rating 26 Mar, 2020 Views: 749
How do I claim foreign tax credit relief on my Capital Gains?
You can claim foreign tax credit relief on the Capital Gain entries on your tax return in SimpleStep or HMRC Forms mode. SimpleStep mode Go to Capital Gains Tax. Check that you've completed the required details on the Asset Details page. Go to Foreign Tax Credit relief. Complete the entries...
rating 21 Sep, 2015 Views: 745
Difference between tax relief on Pension Contribution and Annual allowance
If you receive an error message in regard to pension contributions, and you have made pension contributions to use up your annual allowance, the difference can usually be explained. Tax relief on pension contributions Tax relief on pension contributions is restricted to £3,600 or net...
rating 15 Feb, 2018 Views: 738
Why aren't the IRmark and time stamp appearing when I print a tax return?
If the IRmark and time stamp are on the pdf preview but don't appear when you print your return, check your printer settings: Go to the heading Page Sizing & Handling. Click on Fit. Click on Fit to printable area or Shrink to fit (or similar). Print document. The IRmark and time stamp...
rating 18 May, 2015 Views: 737
How do I calculate payments on account when there is Marriage Allowance?
HMRC are changing the calculation of payments on account when there is a Marriage Allowance transfer. Currently their SA110 notes suggest that payments on account should be calculated on the tax due amount, before applying the Marriage Allowance. The correct process is explained in the below...
rating 23 Apr, 2018 Views: 733
Claiming tax relief for working from home
As per HMRC guidance, you may be able to claim tax relief for additional household costs if you have to work at home on a regular basis, either for all or part of the week. This includes if you have to work from home because of coronavirus (COVID-19). You can either claim tax relief on: £6 a...
rating 02 Jan, 2021 Views: 730
Why is the interest amount on the SA302 summary different from the amount entered on the return?
The interest on the SA302 summary will be different from the interest on the return because the SA302 shows the gross amount received (before tax has been deducted) and the return shows the net amount (after tax has been deducted). The amount on the SA302 summary is calculated by taking the net...
rating 25 Feb, 2015 Views: 690

Prev Next
... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11