Knowledgebase Support HMRC Useful links
Knowledgebase home
Tax Return Production
Accounts Production
Practice Management
VAT Filer
Anti-Money Laundering
Support home
Video Training Guides

Hot Topics
SimpleStep Guides
Release Notes
Known Issues

HMRC Status
Useful Links
MTD for Agents MTD for Businesses What is MTD
Agent Services Account
MTD for Income Tax
Digital Record Keeping
Quarterly Updates
Step-by-step Guide
HMRC's MTD Timeline
TaxCalc's MTD Journey
SA100 Individual Return
Where do I enter chargeable event or life insurance gains?
You can enter chargeable event and life insurance gains in SimpleStep or HMRC Forms mode. SimpleStep mode Select Other Income from the left-hand menu. Go to Savings and Investments. Tick the box Taxable sums from a UK life insurance policy (chargeable events). Click on Next step. Enter the...
rating 24 Mar, 2020 Views: 8158
HMRC Fetch API - Taxpayer data not found. Error: 404
Please note this article is specifically referring to the SA100 fetch facility. If you are receiving the error 404 for VAT submissions, please see the link for Common MTD VAT errors This error is returned when the information for a specific taxpayer and for a specific year is not available. This...
rating 06 Jul, 2020 Views: 6210
Where do I declare Class 4 NIC exemption?
Class 4 NIC exemption is automatically applied where it is relevant to the taxpayer reaching state pension age before the start of the tax year. If you need to claim this manually for any other reason, you should tick the box Are you exempt from paying Class 4 National Insurance… in one of the...
rating 24 Mar, 2020 Views: 6130
Where do I enter employment income taxed in a foreign country?
Employment income is entered in box 1 on the Employment pages. Don't enter any foreign tax in box 2. How you enter foreign tax depends on whether or not you want to claim tax credit relief. Without tax credit relief SimpleStep Mode​ Go to Your work > Work abroad Enter the total...
rating 03 Aug, 2020 Views: 5982
How is FTCR (Foreign Tax Credit Relief) calculated?
Foreign Tax Credit Relief (FTCR) can be claimed if an individual has paid foreign tax on a source of income which is also chargeable to UK tax. You must be living (resident) in the UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands if you want to claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief. You can claim the lower of the...
rating 03 Aug, 2020 Views: 5749
Where do I enter Child Benefit?
You can enter Child Benefit payments in SimpleStep or HMRC Forms mode. SimpleStep mode Click on working out your tax. Click on Child Benefit Tax charge. Your net income will automatically appear from information already entered on the form. Click yes, no or both equal to the...
rating 16 Mar, 2016 Views: 5718
All you need to know about Student Loan repayments
By clicking on the below links, it will take you directly to that section of the article: #New SLC online service for SL and PGL: #Overview: #Payment Thresholds: #Filling in a Tax return if you are repaying a SL or PGL #Review of SLC loan repayment calculations for a SL and PGL #Loan was paid off...
rating 11 Nov, 2020 Views: 5712
How do I import data from SA800 to SA104 Partnership pages (Individual User)?
If you're completing a partnership return, you can import the data into the SA104 pages in the individual return by following these steps: Open up the individual return. Go to the Partnerships page: SimpleStep Mode: Your Work >...
rating 30 Mar, 2017 Views: 5365
Error message: Tax relief is not available for pension contributions in excess of £3,600 or net relevant UK earnings
When completing a return in TaxCalc, you may receive the below error message: Whilst this will not stop you from making an online submission (i.e. you can ignore this message and the return will file online successfully), we do recommend addressing the error to avoid HMRC doing a post...
rating 18 Jan, 2020 Views: 5147
How do I declare equalisation payments from a unit trust?
You can declare equalisation payments from a unit trust in SimpleStep or HMRC Forms mode. SimpleStep mode Go to Capital Gains Tax > Asset Details. Enter the equalisation payment marked as Trust: gain attributable to you (From the drop down box). Continue to complete the information...
rating 04 Aug, 2020 Views: 4984
HMRC Filing Exclusions and Special Cases 2018/19
HMRC Filing Exclusions 2018/19 Exclusions have arisen due to the previous introduction of additional allowances and bands for certain types of income, making the calculation of the tax liability more complex. HMRC systems expect our software to match their method of calculation in order for the...
rating 04 Mar, 2020 Views: 4555
How do I carry back self employment losses?
To carry back a self-employment loss for the current year to a previous year, you need to make a manual adjustment to your tax return for the year in which the loss occurred. You don't need to resubmit your return for the previous year. To calculate the manual tax adjustment figure, follow these...
rating 10 Jun, 2020 Views: 4343
What tax years can I file online?
Self Assessment Filing Deadlines Your Self Assessment Tax Return (SA100, SA800, SA900) normally has to be completed and submitted to HM Revenue and Customs by 31st October following the tax year end (5th April) if you file on paper, or by 31st January following the tax year end if you file...
rating 06 Nov, 2020 Views: 4288
As a non-resident, how do I claim personal allowances where available?
You may be able to claim personal allowances as a non-resident. If you are allowed to do this, you can input the details using SimpleStep or HMRC Forms as instructed below. SimpleStep mode Browse to Residence and Remittance Tick the box for Personal allowances under a Double Taxation...
rating 20 Feb, 2020 Views: 4093
Where do I enter my tax code?
The Tax code is NOT entered into a return. Your PAYE tax code is provided by HMRC to your employer or pension provider, in order to work out how much tax to take off your pay each month. This should mean that the correct amount of tax is collected from your pay throughout the tax year and...
rating 28 Jan, 2021 Views: 4085

Prev Next
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10