If you're filing an SA800 return for a partnership that only has Land & Property, Foreign or Savings & Investments income (that is, it doesn't carry out a partnership trade or profession) you'll need to create a blank trade.
You can do this in HMRC Forms mode by following these steps:
- Select SA800 from the left-hand menu.
- Click on Page 2.
- Scroll down to Box 3.1 and enter No Trade.
- Enter No Trade in Box 3.2.
- Enter the first date of the tax year (for example 06/04/2019) in Box 3.4.
- Enter the last date of the tax year (for example 05/04/2020) in Box 3.5.
- Click Next Step.
- Go to Page 3.
- Enter 0 for Turnover.
- Enter 0 for Expenses allowable for tax.
- Go to Box 3.116 and enter SA800 HMRC Special ID 8, I have created a NO TRADE entry for online filing. * Box 3.116 is found at the bottom of page 3