Knowledgebase Support HMRC Useful links
Knowledgebase home
Tax Return Production
Accounts Production
Practice Management
VAT Filer
Anti-Money Laundering
Support home
Video Training Guides

Hot Topics
SimpleStep Guides
Release Notes
Known Issues

Service Status
Useful Links
What is MTD? Support for Accountants Support for Business
HMRC's MTD Timeline
Digital Requirements
TaxCalc's MTD Journey
MTD for Income Tax
MTD for Corporation Tax
MTD for Income Tax
MTD for Corporation Tax
Step-by-step Guide

Which self employment form should I complete?

Article ID: 803
Last updated: 09 Mar, 2023

There are two versions of the Self Employment pages of the tax return – the short and the full form. The short form is a simplified version of the full form with fewer entry boxes.

You must use the full form if any of the below statements are true:

  • turnover is more than £85,000 (or would be in a full year)
  • you need to report a change of accounting date
  • you want to enclose a balance sheet
  • you want to disclose all information to HMRC.

In all other cases you can use the Short Form.

To complete the Self Employment pages open taxcalc:

  1. Practice Manager > select the client > right click > open in Tax Return Production > select the tax year
  2. Your work 
  3. Self-Employment
  4. Annualised turnover
  5. Click the question mark next to the box "Are any of the above true (or do you wish to complete the Full form for any other reason)?
Article ID: 803
Last updated: 09 Mar, 2023
Revision: 11
Views: 2679
This article was:  

Also listed in
folder Tax Return Production -> SA100 Individual Return