There are two versions of the Self Employment pages of the tax return – the short and the full form. The short form is a simplified version of the full form with fewer entry boxes.
You must use the full form if any of the below statements are true:
- turnover is more than £85,000 (or would be in a full year)
- you need to report a change of accounting date
- you want to enclose a balance sheet
- you want to disclose all information to HMRC.
In all other cases you can use the Short Form.
To complete the Self Employment pages open taxcalc:
- Practice Manager > select the client > right click > open in Tax Return Production > select the tax year
- Your work
- Annualised turnover
- Click the question mark next to the box "Are any of the above true (or do you wish to complete the Full form for any other reason)?