Some users have reported that you might get the following error message after updating TaxCalc for the Mac:
This is due to the security settings on the Mac. You can resolve this by going through the following steps:
- Open the Finder.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Control-click or right-click the icon for the TaxCalc application.
- Select Open from the top of contextual menu.
- This opens another dialog box (as shown below).
- Enter administrator credentials, if asked.
The program should now start as expected.
If this doesn’t work or the option is not available try the following steps:
- Go to Apple menu (top left-hand corner of the screen) > System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Select the General tab.
- Under the header Allow apps downloaded from: you'll see the following options:
- Click on the padlock and enter your credentials.
- Change the radio button to Anywhere and click the padlock again.
You should now be able to open the program as intended.