Existing Mail Merge templates often include some practice-specific information that you need to complete. You'll see this highlighted in yellow when you create a Mail Merge document. You can edit this standard text for future use by following these steps:
- Open Practice Manager from the home screen.
- Select Communications > Mail Merge Templates from the left-hand menu.
- Click on Run mail merge
- You will need to ensure you select the Tax Year applicable in your scenario and then choose a mailing list
- If you don't have a mailing list, you will need to create one to include the applicable clients. You can choose to add All Clients, Specific clients or Advanced client selection (Data mine).
- Once the Mailing List has been selected, click on Choose
- The letter content will now be available for customisation
- If you would like to add your company logo to the header/footer, simply double click the top of the page and insert your company letterhead.
- On the toolbar click on Mailings (if not already applied) > Insert Merge Field and select the fields from Practice Manager that you want to use.
- Click on Insert.
- Click on File > Save As. Choose a different location to save the document.
- Go back into TaxCalc and click on Import Template
- Browse for and select the Word file.
- Give the template a Name and Description and ensure you choose an appropriate category for the letter to be placed under
- Click on Save.
Your template will now be ready to use. You can check that it works as expected by highlighting the template and clicking on Run mail merge with the same mailing list.
For further information on how to use Mail Merge see How do I use Mail Merge?