You may wish to password protect certain client records from general access. When a client is password protected you're required to enter the password when opening the client or its accounts/returns.
Setting a Client Password
- Launch TaxCalc and open a Client Record
- From the left-side menu click on Passwords
- if you do not see this option please view the Setting User Security Roles article and specifically the Clients option within a security role.
- Enter a password under Client and Client Work and confirm this password
- Save and Close the record.
Removing or Updating a Client Password
To remove or update a client password you can:
- Open the client record using the existing password
- go to Passwords
- click on Clear password or enter a new password
- Save and close the record
- Password protected clients will not appear on any reports
- The 'admin' user, by design, is not prompted for a password when opening a password protected client