1. Within Communications Centre, select Email Templates.
2. Click Create Template to open the Create Message Template dialog.
3. Enter the template Name as well as the message Subject.
4. Now type the content of your message.
Hint: If you are copying and pasting from another application, such as Word, we recommend you copy unformatted text only as the formatting can go awry when pasting between different applications.
As an example, we have created in conjunction with our customers, a template document to make your clients aware of Making Tax Digital for Income Tax Self Assessment (MTD for ITSA). We have created a formatted document in Word so you can see the end result and also an unformatted text version to copy and paste into the subject area:
5. From the Token Name dropdown list you can select dynamic data fields. These fields pull the requested information from the TaxCalc database to automatically fill in the required data. For example, selecting <<First name>> will automatically add the client’s first name that has been specified in the client record within Practice Manager.
6. Once done, click Create.
7. You also have the option to create an email message directly from the email template tab by selecting Use template.
8. Within Communications Centre, select Send Message.
9. Edit the message content.
10. Once the message is complete, select the Preview message tab to see how your message will look once sent.
11. Select the client whose data you wish to preview by clicking on the Search recipients field and selecting the appropriate client.
12. You can then choose to clear the message content by selecting Reset message, or you can click Send now or Send later. Selecting Send later displays the Send message later dialog.
13. From here you can select the date in which the email is to be sent.
14. The message is then saved within the Pending table in Message Activity.
15. Click Save.
16. Alternatively, instead of selecting Send later or Send now, you can click Save as template to display the Save Template dialog, where you can enter the template Name and assign it to a Category.
More information on Email templates can be found within our Getting Started Guide or in app Videos.
For more information on Communications Centre, please see KB3199 Communications Centre: Collateral.