To restore an archived client, follow these steps:
- Go to Client Hub from the home screen.
- In the search panel at the top, click the down arrow and the drop-down will expand.
- Select Archived clients if available (see screenshot).
- If the client appears on the Archived clients list, select it and click on Restore client. You will then be able to view the client normally.
- If the client doesn't appear on the Archived clients list, or you don't have the Archived clients option, you'll need to import the client's return or recreate the client's information manually.
- If you have a copy of the return, it can be imported by following the article Importing a Tax Return stored as a file into the Database. This does however require you to have a copy of the tax return to import. If you do not have a copy of the return to import, please contact support for more assistance.
IMPORTANT: In TaxCalc you should archive clients rather than delete them as archiving is reversible. When you archive a client, its record and reports are no longer displayed in Client Hub, but when you you delete a client you remove it and any returns from the system.