Before you can establish a client portfolio for different users within Practice Manager, you need to make sure that the users have been set up correctly within Admin.
- Go to Admin > Users and check how many users appear.
- If there is only one user (the default will be admin), then read Setting up Users for TaxCalc Hub (Practice Users) on how to create additional users.
Once there is more than one user, you need to make sure that the users you wish to allow client portfolios are set up correctly.
- Click on the user you wish to allow a client portfolio.
- Click on Edit User from the left-hand menu.
- Click on About the User.
- Select the User has a client portfolio option at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Continue until you come to Finish and Save.
You can then assign clients to the relevant portfolio. The portfolio name will be the first and last name that was entered at user setup.
- Locate the client within Practice Manager.
- Double-click on the client or select Edit Existing Client from the left-hand menu.
- Select Engagement from the left-hand menu.
- Change the drop-down menu for Assign the client to a portfolio group from 'No Portfolio' to the relevant name.
- Click Continue until you reach the end and Save the changes.
Note: If you Expand the option for Show advanced search options, you can Change this to the portfolio that you want to view. You then need to click on Search to review the entries that appear in the relevant list.