Mail Merge allows you to export client data into Microsoft Word documents, including letters and forms. You can access Mail Merge via Practice Manager and Communications Centre (if you have the appropriate licence).
You can review the video below for a step by step illustration of the process entailed or continue reading further down the page for the written step by step instructions.
- Open Practice Manager from the home screen.
- Select Communications > Mail Merge Templates from the left-hand menu.
- Select the template present in the database already (if applicable) or Import and then Run mail merge
- Import instructions can be found in our article for How do I import a letter template into Mail Merge?
- You will need to ensure you select the Tax Year applicable in your scenario and then choose a mailing list
- If you don't have a mailing list, you will need to create one to include the applicable clients. You can choose to add All Clients, Specific clients or Advanced client selection (Data mine). This feature is present for saving a list of clients that you might use frequently (or specific filtering such as all limited companies which will update dynamically) to allow for quicker selection.
- Once the Mailing List has been selected, click on Choose
- The template will open in Microsoft Word, where you should edit any sections that may be highlighted in yellow.
- When you've made all relevant changes to the template, click Finish & Merge on the top toolbar of Word.
- Click OK.
- Your merged document should now appear on screen with merge details of your clients.