Please see our video below on How to Update TaxCalc:
For step by step instructions, please see the information below:
New features are often implemented throughout the year, and these are installed in free updates throughout the life of your licence. When you first open the program, TaxCalc will automatically prompt you if an update is available to download under the Notifications heading located in the top right hand corner of the application. You will be asked if you would like to install the update. Click Yes to begin.
Please note that it is strongly advised to take a backup of the database before an update is attempted. This can be done by going to Administration > Database > Backup Database
If an update does not appear, you can check for updates by pressing F9 while TaxCalc is open. Alternatively please complete the below steps below depending on your installation type.
- Open TaxCalc.
- Click on Help.
- Click on Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, TaxCalc will download the appropriate version. You can carry on working while this happens.
- Once fully downloaded, follow the onscreen instructions.
- TaxCalc will close and install the update.
- Once complete, TaxCalc will restart.
- Select your client and create and access the new returns in the usual way.
- First ensure that all additional users are logged out of the system and that the application is closed on the client machines
- Update the main (server) computer first – the one that holds the data (ensure a backup as been taken beforehand - see above for details)
- Once the update is complete, login as admin to ensure the application has updated and is running as expected
- Open TaxCalc on each additional computer on the network to complete the update. The plugins will download automatically to ensure that the latest version is running