If you have already filled under Making Tax Digital and you are receiving a 403 error (Client or Agent not authorised), there are multiple reasons this error can be returned but HMRC's investigations have shown that in over 90% of cases the reason is one of the following:
- The token has the incorrect credentials entered within the software.
- The token holding the credentials has expired.
- You have not subscribed to the Making Tax Digital service with HMRC.
If you are an Accountancy Practice using our software you may find What to do when receiving error 403 (Client or Agent not Authorised) - Practice User more appropriate.
Please can you do the following by going to:
- Help (Top Left) > Token Management
- Click on the business and delete the token > Close the token management box
- Open the business in VAT filer
- Delete the existing period
- Then fetch the VAT period by authorising TaxCalc to connect to HMRC using your business credentials.
- This will create a new token and should resolve the error.