Below are the Release Notes for TaxCalc 2020 releases. Click to see the Release Notes for 2013-2016 > 2017 > 2018 > 2019 > 2020
TaxCalc Product Update – Version 11.13.005 – Released on 24 February 2021
This release is available for a specific set of customers using WINDOWS machines only
For Customers who have not already updated to Version 11 this update requires an installer to be run. Please ensure that you have local admin rights before attempting the update.
TaxCalc General - DIAGNOSTIC RELEASE
We have identified that at least one computer in your practice is only having intermittent communication with our servers.
As a result, you will receive a notification in TaxCalc asking you to update your software immediately.
The majority of the features in the TaxCalc software you currently use require a connection to our servers. This happens so that your software can be:
- Activated, licensed and accessed
- Receive in-app prompts for installations and updates
- Communicate with other organisations such as HMRC and Companies House
- Integrate with other applications, including bookkeeping and eSigning software.
With Making Tax Digital (MTD) initiatives requiring frequent connectivity with HMRC, there is now an increasing reliance on these connectivity features which not only ensure that you remain compliant but in full and accurate control of your client data.
Updating will not alter your current product's functionality.
TaxCalc Product Update – Version 11.13.003 – Released on 09 February 2021
- Tax Return Production
- VAT Filer
- Companies House Forms
Tax Return Production
- When using high volumes of information in some of the wizards in the CT600 Return, errors may have occurred. These are now resolved.
- Added messaging regarding the use of the EC Sales List post-Brexit. Submissions are no longer required for UK traders but are required where trading with Northern Ireland and the EU.
- Added a warning message regarding submission of non-MTD VAT returns after 8 April 2021, when HMRC will decommission the use of their XML system for VAT Return filing. At that time, non-MTD VAT returns will not be possible via the software and only possible via the HMRC Business Tax Account.
- Amended VAT Return box references following the UK's exit from the EU to include Northern Ireland references.
Companies House Forms
- As a result of the UK leaving the EU (Brexit), electronic filing for the Officer Appointment and Change of Officer Details (for an individual) have been updated to ensure successful filing to Companies House. Specific forms affected are:
- CH04 Change secretary details
- CH01 Change director details
- AP03 Appointment of secretary
- AP01 Appointment of director