Knowledgebase Support HMRC Useful links
Knowledgebase home
Tax Return Production
Accounts Production
Practice Management
VAT Filer
Anti-Money Laundering
Support home
Video Training Guides

Hot Topics
SimpleStep Guides
Release Notes
Known Issues

Service Status
Useful Links
What is MTD? Support for Accountants Support for Business
HMRC's MTD Timeline
Digital Requirements
TaxCalc's MTD Journey
MTD for Income Tax
MTD for Corporation Tax
MTD for Income Tax
MTD for Corporation Tax
Step-by-step Guide

Who should I be supervised by for Money Laundering Regulations?

Article ID: 2908
Last updated: 16 Jul, 2019

If your business is within the tax and accounting sector, you or your firm must be supervised. This includes sole practitioners and principals in partnerships/limited liability partnerships and companies.

For Money Laundering Regulations, the main supervisory bodies for accountants, bookkeepers, tax advisers and other financial advisers are the:

  • Association of Accounting Technicians
  • Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
  • Association of International Accountants
  • Association of Taxation Technicians
  • Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
  • Chartered Institute of Taxation
  • Financial Conduct Authority
  • Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
  • Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
  • Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
  • Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
  • Institute of Financial Accountants
  • International Association of Bookkeepers
  • Law Society

If you’re not supervised by one of these bodies you may need to register with HMRC:

Money laundering supervision for accountancy service providers

Article ID: 2908
Last updated: 16 Jul, 2019
Revision: 3
Views: 226
This article was:  

Also read
item Getting Started with Anti-Money Laundering (AML)