To upload your own template into Mail Merge, follow these steps:
- Go to Practice Manager from the home screen.
- Select Mail Merge from the left-hand menu.
- Select Create New Mail Merge.
- Enter Mail Merge Information (Name and Description)
- Select Client Selection.
- Click on Specific clients.
- Click on the name(s) of the client(s) you want to add and click on Add >>.
- Select Template Selection from the left-hand menu.
- Click on Create New Template.
- A blank Word document should open for you to enter your standard wording.
- On the toolbar click on Mailings > Insert Merge Field and select the fields from Practice Manager that you want to use.
- Click on Insert.
- Save the Word file onto your PC.
- Go back into TaxCalc and click on Import Template (on the Template Selection screen).
- Browse for and select the Word file.
- Enter a name and description for your template and click on Open.
- Click on Save and Close.
Your template will now be ready to use. You can check that it works as expected by going back to Create New Mail Merge and choosing a relevant client within Client Selection.
Now that you've saved your template, next time you'll only need to select the clients and click on Use Template to create this document.