To enter a new asset on the Capital Allowances grid, first go into the Capital Allowances wizard.
- SA100 – Your Work > Self Employment > Short/Full Form – Details > Capital Allowances
- SA800 – Trades or professions for (XXX) > Capital allowances for > CA – Asset Manager
- CT600 – CT600 Short/Full > Trade and professional income > Capital Allowances > CA Wizard
- CT600 – CT600 Core > Trade and professional income > Capital Allowances > CA Wizard
HMRC Forms mode
- Short – Self Employment > Page 2 > Capital Allowances
- Full – Self Employment > Page 3 > Capital Allowances
- SA800 – page 3 > CA – Asset Manager
- Short – go to CT600 > Short > Page 3 and click on the button for Add/Edit Capital Allowance Entries
- Full – go to CT600 > Full > Page 6 and Click on the button for Add/Edit Capital Allowance Entries.
- Core – go to CT600 Core > Page 8 and Click on the button for Add/Edit Capital Allowance Entries.
Then follow these steps:
- Enter the asset description.
- Select Add.
- Enter relevant information such as cost, date of acquisition and type of asset in the Asset Details page.
- Click on Close at the bottom of the screen – the information will now appear in the grid.
- Click Next step to view the Capital Allowances grid.
- Enter the relevant allowances for the assets.